Job Title: Member, Expert Committee On Evaluation of Medical Devices
Number Of Posts: Seven (7)
Terms Of Service: On Ad Hoc Basis When Need Arises
Duration Of Service: Two Years Renewable Term
Reporting To: Registrar
The Pharmacy and Poisons Board is the National Drug Regulatory Authority for Kenya and part of its mandate is the regulation Medical Devices in the country. This it does by among other things; Reviewing and approving applications for Listing of Medical Devices. We however, have the need to improve on the quality of Submitted application through involvement of a committee of Experts that will Review Medical Devices.
Pharmacy and Poisons Board requires the committee of Experts which include multiple disciplines to review relevant sections of the submitted applications for Medical Devices. The committee works to facilitate the evaluation of medical devices dossiers in terms of the quality of documents and authentication to ensure quality, and safety of designs submitted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of submitted dossiers for Medical Devices
- Review of proposed amendments and or updates to a Medical Device.
- Participate in the development of guidelines and legislation on the regulation of Medical Devices in Kenya
- Advice the Registrar on matters pertaining to regulation of Medical Devices in Kenya
- Participate in the Expert Safety Review Panel so as to monitor the safety of the Medical Devices in Kenya.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have; -
- Experts with at-least Masters Degrees/PHD from the following Disciplines are required owing to the complex nature of Medical Devices;
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and internet
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- At least 5 years relevant Experience in his/her field of expertise.
- Medical Doctor/Physician
- Biomedical Engineer
- Medical Degree with Specialty in Surgery
The candidates should submit six copies of the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of National identity Card
- Academic and professional certificates,
- Clearance certificate from the following bodies:
- The professional association
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Kenya Revenue Authority
The closing date is on Friday 14th October, 2016 at 4.00pm
The application should be sent in a plain and sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for Expert Committee on Clinical Trials (ECCT)” and deposited or sent to the Pharmacy and Poisons Board through the following addresses.
Pharmacy and Poisons Board
PPB House Hurlingham,
P.O Box 27663-00506
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board is an equal opportunity employer