Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Number Of Posts: One(1)
Job Group PB 4
Terms of Service: Contract
Duration of Service: Two Years Renewable Term
Job Summary: This position reports to the Director, Business Support, Finance and Administration and shall be responsible for the coordination of procurement functions and to ensure that procurement processes are carried out in line with the procurement law and laid down procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all procurements are carried out in line with the law and regulations.
- To oversee the procurement unit’s preparation and implementation of the budget, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- To prepare and implement procurement and disposal policies and plans
- To ensure all staff are familiar with and comply with the provisions of procurement law and other related guidelines.
- To maintain accurate records of inventory, issues and re-order levels.
- To ensure that contract files of vendors, suppliers’ qualifications, timely deliveries and quality controls are well documented and maintained.
- To prepare bid documents, quotations and requests for proposals for use by the Fund.
- To evaluate bids submitted by vendors and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- To draft vendor contract documents for approval by the Director, Finance and Administration.
- To manage and conduct performance management reviews for the unit.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree (Supplies Management or Bachelors degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution .
- Professional qualification in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution.
- A member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Possess a valid practicing license.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience three (3) of which must be at senior managerial level.
- Computer skills.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the Constitution.
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Supply Chain Management programmes.
- Ability to articulate, interpret supply chain goals, policies and programmes and relate them to the supply chain function.
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing and coaching teams
- Practical working knowledge and competence with purchasing management software and/or automated procurement systems is mandatory.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials.
The candidate must also attach the following:
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB certificate
- Clearance from a credit reference bureau
Applications clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF HEAD OF PROCUREMENT” to be deposited or sent to the Board by 27th October at 4:00pm using the following address :
PHARMACY AND POISOSN BOARD
P.O Box 27663-00506
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board is an equal opportunity employer