Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Number Of Posts: One(1)
Job Group PB 4
Terms of Service: Contract
Duration of Service: Two Years Renewable Term
Job Summary: This position reports to the Director, Business Support, Finance and Administration and shall be responsible to handle all matters of discipline, industrial relations ,Staff establishment control, Payroll Administration and Human Resource Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop effective Human resource procedures
- To coordinate the activities leading to the divisions targets as indicated in the annual performance contract, strategic plan.
- To oversee the annual staff performance target setting and appraisal as part of the reward management system
- To prepare the annual division’s budget.
- To ensure the management are familiar with and comply with the provisions of procurement law and other related guidelines.
- To ensure the implementation of human resource strategies in line with the integrated strategic framework..
- To facilitate the dissemination of policies, regulations and other communiqué.
- To propose policy changes in all areas of human resource in the organization.
- To analyze the staffing levels in the organization and make for succession planning.
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree, Business Administration (Human resource Management) or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
- A member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Have a minimum of eight (5) years post qualification experience three (3) of which must be at senior managerial level.
- Computer skills.
- Leadership and integrity qualities as set out in chapter 6 of the Constitution and demonstrated compliance to the public service values and principles as defined in the Constitution.
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Human Resource programs
- Ability to articulate, human resource policies and programmes and relate them to the HR function.
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills including motivating, mentoring, developing and coaching teams
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae, professional certificates and testimonials.
The candidate must also attach the following:
- Valid certificate of good conduct
- EACC clearance
- HELB certificate
- Clearance from a credit reference bureau
Applications clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER” to be deposited or sent to the Board by 27th October at 4:00pm using the following address
PHARMACY AND POISOSN BOARD
P.O Box 27663-00506
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board is an equal opportunity employer